2022 Organic Grass Fed/Finished Beef Shares Info
HOW IT WORKS
1. Reserve your share: Choose a 1/4, 1/2 or whole cow. You will receive an invoice via email for your $200 deposit. Reserve link coming soon.
2. If you choose 1/2, 3/4 or full beef share, you have the option of customizing your beef cuts using the custom beef cut sheet. If you choose 1/4 share, you will receive the standard beef cuts.
3. I will send you an invoice for the remaining balance.
4. Pick up your share at the butcher (Linds Custom Meats in Kent, WA) or schedule a home delivery ($50 delivery fee)
ANTICIPATED AMOUNT & COST:
- hanging weight approx. 150 lbs
- take home weight 75 - 100 lbs
- hanging weight approx. 300 lbs
- take home weight 150 - 200 lbs
- hanging weight approx. 600 lbs
- take home weight 300-400 lbs
You will receive approximately 50-65% of the hanging weight in beef. Final weight will be less due to 10-14 days dry aging, cutting, removing bone, tissue, access fat, etc.
For example, if a 1/4 beef weighs 150 lbs. you will receive approximately 75 lbs. in beef. This weight will vary depending on your processing instructions. (If you only receive steaks and ground, you will receive less beef as more is lost in the trimming process)
WHEN WILL MY BEEF SHARE BE READY?
Harvest (slaughter) day is approx. July 2022. From that time, it will be approximately 10-14 days of dry aging. Dry aging provides you with the most tender and flavorful product, a difference you can taste! Once we have the hanging weight (carcass weight), we will contact you with the weight and the remaining balance of your payment.
Once your meat is ready to pick up, you can pick it up yourself at the butcher (Linds Custom Meats in Kent, WA) or schedule a time for delivery/pickup at our home in Edgewood, WA.
DO YOU DELIVER?
We deliver 1/4, 1/2, and whole shares within 25 miles of Edgewood, WA, with the cost of delivery of $50. Delivery of beef shares will be scheduled with you via email once the butcher states the beef is ready.
No returns or refunds! We cannot take back meat and resell it.
HOW WE RANCH
WHAT DO YOU FEED YOUR CATTLE?
Our cows are raised on our property in Edgewood, WA. 100% grass-fed (meaning only fed grass, never grain) beef is a superfood. Antioxidants, Omega-3s, protein: all the richness of the land, with none of the excess. When winter comes, we supplement with hay.
Cows finish on our organic grass pastures.
DO YOU TREAT WITH ANTIBIOTICS?
Our steer cattle are only administered antibiotics during castration as calves. Our cattle health is our top priority and we treat each animal humanely and provide them with the best care possible. We don’t use any other antibiotics, steroids, growth hormones or animal by-products.
DO YOU APPLY REGENERATIVE/SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURAL PRACTICES?
Yes! We use rotational grazing on our pastures to improve plant and soil health. Every year our goal is to leave our pastures in better shape then when we started the grazing season. This includes spreading manure from our manure pile to our pastures, providing them with needed organic matter and nutrients.
ARE HORMONES USED?
We choose to not implant our cattle with hormones.